Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Field Trip




Thermo Mania - Guanacaste




Monday we went on our first field trip! I woke up not feeling well so it could have been better, but we still managed to have a good time. We went to Thermo Mania about 2 hours away. It is a place in the mountains that have pools that are heated by the dormant volcano. The kids loved it! We are doing an unit on ecosystems, and this was a good chance for students to observe a Costa Rican ecosystem (rainforest).


We were going to stop and hike to a waterfall, but it started raining and it wouldn't have been nice getting all muddy. So we went to the movie theater instead! Incorporate Spanish in our lesson. (The movie was completely in Spanish with out subtitles.) So I sat next to Tom so he could translate it for me. It was something called ... Last Wind Bender or something like that. LAME really. Too SciFi for me.


After movie, we went to McDonalds (AutoMac)! It was everything and more!!! I wish I had a picture of me eating my first french fry! They tasted the same! (THANK GOD!) That was the first fast food I had in 2 months, and I probably won't have anymore for another 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment